Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Going 'Round Before Lolla

It is a little after Noon on Tuesday--April Fools' Day--in Buenos Aires. 

I will soon meet Paolo and Suzanne in the hotel lobby to figure out how we're going to get to Lollapalooza and more importantly--hopefully--back.

But because I just as much wanted to sightseeing around Buenos Aires as go to the festival, I made a point of getting out of the hotel at 9 AM to get in a few hours of running around Buenos Aires.

Actually running around is inaccurate as I initially walked to a subway station and  took the metro, then walked a good bit and caught a taxi back.

I saw the Palacio Barolo, a famous ornate building, and the Palacio del Congresso, the Argentine capital that has a Rodin Thinker out front.

I ate at the Café Tortoni, which has existed since 1858, and made my way back to the Plaza de Mayo.

There I walked into the Metropolitan Cathedral, which was quite impressive, and took many more pictures of the Casa Rosada, including from behind it where there is an odd broken statue graveyard of sorts.

Like yesterday I was nothing but impressed with all I saw and experienced and just really wandering around Buenos Aires.

Let's hope Lollapalooza is just as much fun. For those about to rock...

No comments: